CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 8, 2010

homeschool village - kitchen helpers!

This week we have been sharing tips and ideas on cooking with children. My girls love to help me cook, but I'm guilty of not always remembering to slow down and let them help me. Although, when I make homemade biscuits, one of the girls always helps me. They love to cut the biscuits out with the cutter and lay them on the baking sheet. This week Ella was my bicsuit cutter!










buttermilk biscuit recipe:
2 cups of self rising White Lilly flour
4 tablespoons of Crisco
buttermilk - start with 1 cup slowly add mix all the ingredients together (keep adding buttermilk until the dough is a little sticky)

1. preheat oven to 475 degrees
2. after mixing the dough, place a tea towel or paper towel on your counter
3. sprinkle flour onto the towel
4. you can use a rolling pin to roll out the dough, but I just use my hands because I like the imperfections in the biscuits!
5. have your best little helper cut out the biscuits and transfer to a baking sheet
6. bake for about 8 minutes until slightly golden on top

*While the biscuits are baking, have your other best little hepers set the table and get out the butter, jelly, and honey!

One of Gracelyn's chores is to put away the silverware.


Be sure to visit the Homeschool Village to see how other homeschooling families cook together!

4 comments:

Stef said...

yahoo for biscuits! My boys love them - I prefer them with honey!

Thanks for linking up (old logo, there is a new one on our site)!

Stef
The Homeschool Village

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Love biscuits! She looks like a great helper with biscuits and dishes! :D

Unknown said...

Yumm Homemade biscuits!! your floor tile is the same color as mine! :)

Rebecca said...

Mmmm, homemade biscuits!