CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

this is why I homeschool



We've decided to homeschool or 3 children! I'm excited and overwhelmed all at the same time. We've been doing school work 3 days a week for the past 8 or 9 weeks now. I really enjoy planning and teaching my kids. I graduated from college with a degree in early childhood education and loving getting to pour what I learned in school into my children. I haven't decided on a curriculm yet, so for now I'm focusing on pre-school skills and pulling material and activities from different places.


Each week we focus on an alphabet letter and do other activities that go along with that letter. We are using the Workbox system designed by Sue Patrick and I love it! I have one 10 drawer cart that I got from Jo-Anns's that I use for my 2 girls. Gracelyn uses the top 5 boxes and Ella uses the bottom 5 boxes. Each school day I fill their boxes with different activites. The girls really like the workboxes and I love how organized and easy it is to use.


I'm by no means an expert on homeschooling, but I would like to share with other homeschooling moms what we do each week. In fact, I'm learning a lot as I go along! Like what works and what doesn't work! I hope this blog will help in your planning!

No comments: